Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sleepy Summer.

Song of the Day: Helena Beats by Foster the People

I have no idea why, but I have come to literally forget to blog. Or even read posts. As of the current, I have 24 blog posts to read. So, please, give me a moment to catch up.
Okay. Not that you would have known how long it really has taken me to, eh, skim all 24 unread blogs, but it's done. I suppose. I really don't have much of an excuse to not read everyone's blogs because >it's summer<, my goodness, I'm not doing ANYTHING. This is typical though. It's the same as most summers. I sit at home and read, watch TV, some random anime someone probably suggested to me years ago, amongst other things like going grocery shopping with my mom because she really wants me to get out of the house and do something (like get a job. Since I'm on the subject, I have concluded it's going to be impossible to get for just the summer. Okay, this is based off of the fact that I have had exactly one job interview and I wasn't called back for a second interview, but whatever. It made me realize that no one wants to hire for just summer work really. I mean, I wouldn't hire me anyway, unless I desperately needed workers and I was in a business that actually needed more workers in the summer). 
Speaking of things to do, I have a few things that I should probably get around to at some point in my life. For example, I need to print off my manuscript. I wrote it out of order, and it'll be a pain to fix up on a computer, so I need to print it out. Downside: it's 181 standard pages long. I have checked it out on several printing shops, and it's going to cost around $20 if I don't want anything special done to it. Sigh. It's a necessary expense, I guess. Plus, it'll make me very happy to get it printed off. I really want to work on it. Also, if I get the second draft done, maybe I'll let some of you read it... (:
My mom wants me to pick up a hobby like sewing, and make a skirt or a dress. I really want a maxi actually. I don't know if I can make one of those... can I? I'll have to ask, I guess. I need new clothes anyway. It's another necessary expense, I suppose. 
But other than than, the only other thing I can think of to do is draw. This is something I know I should do because... well... I kind of stopped drawing around junior year (or I drew significantly less than I did in years prior). I find this really depressing since it was around junior year that I actually started to produce work that was actually considered to be decent (compared to other artists that I admire). So, drawing is a yes. I need to do more of it and get better since I'm two to three years behind in development  It's really frustrating actually since I feel like I'm drawing like I'm 14 again.
Maybe I'll make another playlist or something...? 
I suppose I should get used to my loneliness though.I'm always forgotten in the summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment